‘The Pro Studio Kit’ is our latest fully multisampled drum kit for MPCs and Maschine, bringing the premier sound of one of the world’s most sought after drum kits, the Sonor Designer Kit, directly to your MPC pads!
Sonor are the leading drum manufacturer of custom handmade drum kits and the Sonor Designer Kit is their flagship model, a hugely versatile kit with a deep and powerful tone used in many high-end recording studios across the globe.
We’ve painstakingly multisampled 16 different articulations from this kit over their entire velocity range recorded with a whopping 11 different mics to ensure we’ve captured all its natural tone, timbre and nuances. The complete articulations list comprises of:
- Kick drum isolated – this was recorded without the snare present and all other instruments dampened to ensure only the kick can be heard
- Kick Drum with Snare – this kick was recorded with the rest of the kit, this tends to give a more natural ‘kit’ kick sound.
- Snare – a snare drum hit in the centre of the head
- Snare Side Stick - a hit on the snare rim using the fat end of the stick while resting the thin end on the head
- Snare Rim Shot - a simultaneous hit of the snare head and rim
- Snare ‘drag’ – a short snare roll
- Snare flam – a very quick double snare hit
- Snare Edge – a hit on the very edge of the snare head
- Closed Hat Bow – a closed hat hit at the centre
- Closed Hat Edge – a closed hat hit on the very edge of the cymbal
- Open Hat – the same hi hat hit while 3/4 open
- Crash Cymbal Edge – hit on the edge of the cymbal
- Ride Cymbal Bow – a ride hit at the centre of the cymbal
- Ride Cymbal Bell – a hit to the bell of the cymbal
- High Tom – centre hit on a high rack tom
- Low Tom – centre hit on a low rack tom
The kit has a full-bodied, warm tone with plenty of natural character, making it a great all rounder for any style of music - without question, this is THE most versatile and realistic sounding acoustic drum kit you can get for the MPC and Maschine. Check out the the kit being put through its paces with a number of different breaks:
As with all the kits in this series, we’ve created finger drumming friendly programs for all MPC models and NI Maschine that map the instruments across the pads utilising the available velocity switching features of each individual sampler model, as well as 'Round Robins' (sample cycling) where available:
- MPC Software & MPC5000: a 4 zone velocity switch program and a 4 zone round robin program (24 bit WAV)
- MPC1000/500/2500/Free JJOS: a 4 zone velocity switching program (16 bit WAV)
- JJOS: 3 zone velocity switching for all other JJOS models, with round robins for JJOSXL and JJOS2 (16 bit WAV)
- MPC4000 – 4 zone velocity switching (24 bit WAV)
- MPC2000/XL/3000 – 3 zone velocity switching, plus a basic single zone low memory version (16 bit SND)
- NI Maschine – 18 zone velocity switching (24 bit)
Just load up the program file for your sampler and start playing, we’ve done all the hard work for you so there's no additional set up required. Find out more about the kits, along with some tweaking and performance advice in the included User Guide.
The Pro Studio Kit is the perfect ‘go-to’ kit when you need to create realistic studio quality drums tracks, be it real time finger drumming or step programming, and is the perfect companion to the 60s Funk Kit and Raw 70s Kit – completely unique MPC drum kits from MPC-Samples.com that push the limits of what is capable with an MPC, no matter which model you own.