Fully Updated For MPC Software 1.5!
‘MPC: Sampling Laid Bare’ focuses entirely on teaching practical and creative sound design, sample editing and program construction within the MPC Renaissance & MPC Studio, providing 270 pages of incredibly in-depth, hands-on tutorials on a range of sample-based MPC workflow topics including:
- Comprehensive coverage of all chopping features, with a speed chopping workflow guide and plenty of real world usage examples
- Practical uses of all program parameters
- Sample recording and resampling
- Creative sample editing and sound design techniques
- Advanced drum layering examples
- Looping breaks and instrument samples
- Building velocity sensitive finger drumming kits from drum multisamples
- Creating realistic instrument emulations using both DRUM and Keygroup programs
- Using insert effects as sound design tools
Plus many useful tips and tricks, troubleshooting common problems and bug workarounds - you can download the full chapter and topic listing here.
‘MPC: Sampling Laid Bare’ was written by MPC-Tutor, making this his eleventh dedicated MPC book since his 2003 classic ‘Beat Making on the MPC2000XL’. It follows his familiar step-by-step approach where each topic and concept is explained in detail using practical, hands-on examples to show how everything is actually used in day-to-day music production. Each tutorial contains clear screenshots from both the LCD and the computer environment and also includes all the MPC project files you need to recreate every tutorial within your MPC as you read along.
Intuitively structured, completely jargon free and immensely inspirational, ‘MPC: Sampling Laid Bare’ is the essential book for anyone looking to master the art of sampling and program editing in the MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio. Available as a digital download instantly after purchase.