'Using the Akai MPC With Pro Tools' is a detailed and easy to follow e-book that expertly guides you through all aspects of using a standalone hardware MPC with the ultimate DAW; Pro Tools. Inside you'll find 102 pages of structured tutorials covering a wealth of 'need-to-know' topics including:
- MIDI and audio set up - configuration of your audio/MIDI interface, understanding MIDI concepts, getting Pro Tools to correctly recognize your MPC and all its MIDI Ports
- Using Pro Tools as a sound module - trigger Pro Tools' sublime virtual instruments and third party VST plug ins from within your MPC beats
- MIDI Sync - discover the many ways to MIDI sync your MPC and Pro Tools together, including all required software settings
- Audio & MIDI tracking - track your MPC sequences & programs to Pro Tools as audio and MIDI data in preparation for additional editing, processing and final mix down of your masterpiece
This unique book has been written specifically for MPC users, helping you quickly discover the creative and practical uses when combining the MPC with Pro Tools, while effortlessly solving all the common problems that you may encounter along the way, including syncing issues, MIDI delays, audio problems, hardware set up issues and much much more.
All the tutorials are written in a jargon-free, step-by-step style, with exact breakdowns of all software settings and clear MPC & Pro Tools screen shots to help clearly explain all concepts. Also included are all the Pro Tools sessions and MPC project files used in the tutorials, allowing you to easily recreate all the examples as you read through the book, for a truly practical understanding of all topics covered.
"Andy at MPC-Samples.com really has done an amazing job - I wish this had been available when I was figuring out this process a few years ago! Short of having an instructor sitting next to you, it really doesnít get any better than this book!"
DJ Hellfire, hellfirebeats.com
This book covers all standalone hardware MPC models; MPC5000, MPC500, MPC2000XL, MPC2500, MPC1000, MPC2000, MPC3000, MPC4000 and MPC60 (OS 3.1), with all examples compatible with both Akai and 'JJ' operating systems. While Pro Tools 9 is used in the examples throughout the book, all tutorials will also work with any version of Pro Tools from version 7 upwards.
'Using the Akai MPC with Pro Tools' is a must-have purchase for anyone wanting to expand the sonic capabilities of their MPC, be it MPC producers new to the world of Pro Tools, or seasoned Pro Tools users experiencing problems integrating an MPC into their current set up. Available to download instantly after purchase.
- Mac or PC running at least Pro Tools 7 (the book uses Pro tools 9 for all examples)
- Any standalone MPC running Akai official OS or JJ OS (any version). MPC60 users should ideally be running OS 3.1. MPC Renaissance, MPC Studio and MPC Element are not supported.
- Basic understanding of using the main functions of an MPC, such as loading project files, recording and editing sequences, etc.
Please note that this book is not compatible with the MPC Ren/Studio/Element.