‘Using the Akai MPC With Reason’ is the essential and compact guide to using a standalone hardware MPC with the most popular music creation software on the planet – Propellerhead Reason!
We’ve taken the clear, step-by-step tutorial style of our award-winning ‘Beat Making on the MPC’ series to create a very targeted and concise guide for MPC and Reason owners who quickly want to expand the sonic possibilities of their MPC:
- Use Reason as a dedicated sound module for your MPC projects
- Perfectly sync together Reason sequences and Dr OctoRex loops with your MPC sequences
- Use your MPC as a MIDI controller to perform real-time parameter changes in Reason
There are 54 pages in total, written in an easy-to-follow, jargon-free style, with actual screenshots from Reason and all hardware MPC models (MPC5000/500/1000/2500/2000XL/2000/4000/3000/60) – we even include instructions for all the ‘JJ’ Operating Systems!
You'll also find all the files you need to recreate all the tutorials, including all relevant Reason and MPC project files, sounds, sequences and programs, enabling you to recreate all tutorials while you read.
Simple, straight to the point and easy on the wallet; ‘Using the Akai MPC With Reason’ is the quickest way to master the creative combination of Akai MPC and Reason - available to download instantly after purchase!
- Computer (Mac or PC) running Reason 5 or 6 (please note that Reason 7 is not yet supported)
- MPC 5000/500/2500/1000/2000XL/2000/4000/3000/60, running Akai official OS or JJ OS (any version). MPC60 requires OS 3.1.
- Basic understanding of using the main functions of an MPC, such as loading project files, recording and editing sequences, etc.
Please note that this book is not compatible with the MPC Ren/Studio.